Bytes for All, Pakistan is looking for an IT Assistant to work at its Islamabad Office on a fixed term contract basis.
What we do:
Bytes for All (B4A), Pakistan is a human rights organization and a research think tank with a focus on Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). We promote the use of technology for sustainable development, democracy and social justice. For more information, please visit www.bytesforall.pk.
- Basic function of the position
The IT Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the IT infrastructure and equipment at the office.
- Major duties and responsibilities
Local Area Network (LAN)
- Management of the Local Area Network in line with Bytes for all policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensure that back-up procedures are followed and all data is secured as per standard operating procedures at the organization.
- Ensure the LAN is functional at all times and secure from threats;
- Regular maintenance and upgradation in consultation with the management.
- Ensure smooth functioning and maintenance staff workstations;
- Service, repair and upgrade IT and communication equipment.
- Maintain the inventory of tools and equipment in office;
- Advise on purchase and installation of hardware and software.
Maintain all communication systems including mobile phones, internet infrastructure and landline phones.
- Supply all the necessary IT & Communication equipment to any newly recruited staff members including the related training.
- Undertake regular technical tests, software upgrades / updates including antivirus.
- Help with procurement of IT equipment.
- Inventory management
- Any other tasks assigned by the Senior Manager, Finance and Operation.
- Graduate in IT
- Some hands-on experience
- Knowledge of webservers and maintenance of VPS
This is an entry level position. We will be able to pay upto PKR 25000 (depending upon the competence of the individual).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Opportunities to learn about cyberspace, technology and human rights issues
- Opportunities to grow
- A fun and relaxed work environment
If this job description interests you and fits your profile, consider sending us your CV, along with a short note explaining why you are a good match for the position. E-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org before January 31, 2018. Please make sure to mention that you are applying for the "IT Assistant" position in the subject line.
As per Bytes For All, Equality Policy, for all the positions, we have to give preference to the candidates from religious and sexual minority communities.